Thursday, May 3, 2007

A Pattern?

In recent weeks, weighing myself everyday, I've stumbled on a pattern of sorts with the way my weight flucuates. I've noticed that after I lose a pound or 2, a day or so will go by and I'll weigh the same. Then after that I gain 1 1/2 pounds. The next day after the scales say I've gained a 1 1/2 pounds I drop 2 full pounds which essentially equates to a 1/2 pound loss.

Breakdown of my average weekly weight-loss:

Day 1 - Lost 1 pound
Day 2 - Lost nothing but stayed the same
Day 3 - Gained 1.5 pounds
Day 4 - Lost nothing but stayed the same
Day 5 - Lost 2 pounds
Day 6 - Lost nothing but stayed the same
Day 7 - Lost 1 pound

Looking at this, it appears to me that before I lose any weight my body stores a pound or 2 before letting any more go. Maybe just to make sure that enough calories are coming to sustain itself before it lets any more weight go. This of course is just a theory. Next week this may change. I will say this however, that this pattern has been going on for almost the entire time I've been on this diet.

The whole reason I'm even documenting this is because I want to remind myself that during a plateau or even a slight weight gain, if I stay committed to this diet I will more than likely lose whatever small amount of weight I gain and then some and not to be discouraged.

RD 2.0

No comments: