Monday, April 30, 2007

Special Occasion Weekend

I had a rough go of it this weekend. I had 2 occasions that again revolved around food as a method of celebrating - one was a wedding Friday night and the other was a Mexican dinner to celebrate Hispanic Sunday at church. These are without a doubt some of the most difficult times to make nutritious decisions. Most of what's available is filled with gratuitous calories with no regard for fat or calorie content. How did I respond?

Friday night at the cake reception for the wedding, I had a bottle of water and avoided the temptation to have even a small piece of cake. I did go home and have a couple of 100 calorie snacks per the blog last week.

Sunday wasn't as easy. This was a dinner to be celebrated with an Hispanic church (Danny Johnston pastor). I was hungry so I did eat something. I started with a small scoop (about 2 tablespoons) of rice and the same of re-fried beans. Some lettuce, tomatoes and a squirt of ranch. I had a couple of sips of Shannon's diet Pepsi (I've stopped drinking pop completely) and about 8 tortilla chips with about a half cup of salsa.

No comments: