Thursday, May 3, 2007

To Weigh or Not to Weigh - Have it Your Weigh!

Should you weigh yourself everyday? That seems to be a question that is on most dieter's minds. I've heard arguments for and against. One weight-loss program encourages you to weigh yourself every day and another strongly recommends you don't. One of the areas that is a personal weakness of mine is feeling like I must weigh myself every day. I feel this is a way of gaging my performance from the previous day. Not that I plan on eating more calories if I feel I've done well enough. I like to know what's working and what's not. Weighing myself daily, keeps me in check. If I have gained a pound or 2 that may have been the result of me "cheating" on my diet or be an indicator that a weight loss is coming up (See "A Pattern?" blog entry). Either way, gain, loss or static, I want to know what's going on. It motivates me to stay on track as I watch each pound disappear.

I would say, do what you feel comfortable with. Some people don't like the play-by-play action, they would just prefer the overall score of the game. To me, just knowing that they won isn't enough, I want to know HOW they won...or in the case of weight-loss, how they lost.

No comments: