Thursday, April 12, 2007

Reasons Why

Recently I decided to begin an agressive weight-loss program as I don't feel in the best of health. When I say that I mean...
* I'm tired all of the time
* My blood pressure is way out of whack
* My feet hurt almost all of the time
* I'm setting a bad example for my children
* I now have a chronic snoring problem that is a result of being too fat
* I have only one pair of shoes that don't hurt or aggravate my feet
* My clothes don't fit right so I keep buying bigger sizes
* I can't find my size of clothing at Wal-mart anymore (only in the camping section by the tents)
* I hate the way I look
* I get out of breath too easily
* I can't see my feet when I stand up and look down
* I can't tie my shoes without gasping for breath
* I have more chins than a chinese phone book
* I Hate cutting my toe nails
* I can't fit into the rides at Cedar Point
* The seats on an airplane are too small
* I can't wear my wedding band
* I'm just plain not happy

I'm going to use the above list to track my progress as well. Being able to acheive these goals will motivate me as I go along.

The weight-loss program I started is Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating. Essentially, it's pre-portioned meals, packaged for convenience that if eaten in the portions given will be the equivilent to either a 1200 or 2000 calorie diet. Wanting to jump start my progress I went for the 1200 calorie diet. The price is $119/week for 1200 and $139/week for the 2000 calorie diet. See links on the right.

What got me started was my dad and mom. Dad started the diet 2 weeks ago and loves the food and seems quite content. When he found out I was going on it, it seemed he was encouraged and he and I agreed to do just that, encourage one another and to share our results back and forth. Nathan too, joined us. He is cutting back and using Slim Fast shakes as meal replacements. I chose another blog to track our results complete with "before" pics and what I hope to be very favorable "after" pics. I even got my dad to send me some that I posted. In the spirit of fun I created the blog called the "Diet Tribe" and our handle for the blog is 3losers (of weight of course).

It's our hope that having this bond and blog will engender a faithfulness to the diets. I'm not saying this is going to be easy but having this bond will certainly make us accountable to each other as well.

Good Luck Dad and Nate!

No comments: